It’s Tuesday morning, a week before the start of the Road Glide National Meetup in Durango, CO. We are packed except for the things in the refrigerator that we will throw in the cooler.
Our plan is to leave this evening around 6 p.m. and ride as far as Perry, FL. That is about 200 miles north of here on US-19. We tried this evening launch a few weeks ago before going to the Motor Maids convention in Montgomery, AL and it worked well.
Our itinerary for the week is this:
- Wednesday – Perry to Jackson, MS
- Thursday – Jackson to Wills Point, TX
We’ll stay with friends
- Friday – Wills Point to Oklahoma City
Visit a high school classmate
- Saturday – Oklahoma City to Tucumcari, NM
We’ll spend the day riding with the Gypsy Tour
- Sunday – Tucumcari to Taos, NM
We’ll explore the town and meet friends for dinner
- Monday – Taos to Durango, CO
Arrive at the host hotel and the start of Shark Week VIII